Pages

Thursday, February 13, 2014

Thursday Treats: Boiled Chocolate Cookies {Company's Coming} + No-Bake [Nutella] Cookies {Me}


For some reason, I had my heart set on making No-Bakes this week. The first time I had made them was for college lunch and I remember having tray full stacked on the racks. Making treats was one of my favourite things to do in the kitchen.


I searched in at least 10 of my cookbooks for this classic treat, when finally I came across this one in one of my Company's Coming books. I'll admit, I was ready to just use a recipe online! The only thing is, my memory is either getting really bad, or the recipe at college is one-of-a-kind; the recipe doesn't jive with what's in my head :P

I definitely remember putting PB in the mixture though, so I put some Nutella in mine--I'm out of PB.

The cookies are very moist with a hint of Nutella. I love the flavour of the oats, and since I didn't put very much sugar, these cookies have a dark chocolate taste to them.

Excellent for Valentine's Day...you can indulge without getting sick of chocolate {although, I don't who would! :P}



Boiled Chocolate Cookies
Tempting Treats & Cookies
Company's Coming

2 cups sugar
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup cocoa
2+1/2 cups quick-cooking rolled oats {not instant}

1. Combine first 4 ingredients in medium saucepan. Bring to a boil on medium heat. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.

2. Add rolled oats. Mix well. Let stand for 15 minutes. Drop, using 1 tbsp for each, onto waxed paper-lined cookie sheets. Chill for about 1 hour until firm.



My Version

1/2 cups sugar
1 cup butter
1 cup milk
1/2 cup cocoa
1 cup Nutella
3 cups quick-cooking rolled oats {not instant}

1. Combine first 5 ingredients in medium saucepan. Bring to a boil on medium heat. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.

2. Add rolled oats. Mix well. Drop, using 1 tbsp for each, onto waxed paper-lined cookie sheets. Chill for about 1 hour until firm, or let stand at room temperature till set.


Enjoy!

No comments: