Pages

Monday, May 26, 2014

Bonus Treats: Wilton's Sugar Cookies {Wilton}

So this week being the last of May and home stretch of my "no chocolate" campaign, I want to share some recipes that so good--you won't miss the chocolate.

To kick the week off, I have Wilton's Sugar Cookies. This is a recipe I got off the back of a Wilton cookie cutter package. I first made them for Russell's baby shower using the train cookie cutter to go with this "Train" theme.


I loved the texture and flavour of these cookies. Best of all--no chilling required!



And then, a couple weeks ago, my friend Sarah and I made a couple batches for the Ladies Tea our church hosted. We frosted some that night, and then Sarah and another friend, Sara, finished up the next day.



I think they are quite pretty! And, they taste very good.



Wilton Sugar Cookies
Wilton

1 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla
2 tsps baking powder
3 cups flour

1. Pre-heat oven to 350. In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar.

2. Beat in egg and vanilla.

3. In a separate, small bowl, mix the baking powder and flour. Combine this, one cup at a time, with your butter mixture.

4. Divide dough into 2 discs. On a floured surface, roll each disc in a circle approximately 12" in diameter and 1/8" thick. [I make mine a little thicker--1/4 in thick.]

5. Cut into shapes of choice and place on cookie sheet. Bake for 8-12 minutes or until lightly browned around the edges.

5. Remove from sheet and place on cooling rack. Once cookies have cooled--decorate how you want to!

6. Enjoy and have fun!

No comments: